- This event has passed.
Reduce Scope Creep and Get Paid for Extra Services (Webinar)
10/03/2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Detroit Metro Chapter is offering a FREE webinar to all current and prospective members.
Reduce Scope Creep and Get Paid for Extra Services
How much money are you losing due to scope creep? The project team sometimes fails to stick to the original project scope or performs services outside of the scope without getting agreement from the client to bill them as extra services. Adequate processes must be put in place to educate the project team about the scope and create an understanding of the impact that scope creep has on their project profitability. In this webinar, you will learn to recognize scope creep in your projects and understand all the reasons it happens. You will also identify contract and communication issues that can lead to scope creep, learn to put systems and processes in place to control it, and develop processes to minimize its effect.
Learning Objectives – Attendees will:
- Recognize project scope creep in their firm.
- Understand ways scope creep can negatively impact projects.
- Identify specific criteria, systems, and processes that will help control scope creep and recover extra services.
- Identify specific contract issues that could impact scope creep, both negatively and positively.
- Describe specific processes and communication standards to decrease scope creep in their firm.
A link to a short quiz and 1 PDH certificate will be provided after the webinar. This webinar was created by NSPE
THIS WEBINAR IS OPEN TO MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS
No refreshments are being served, but you are welcome to bring your own lunch. Please RSVP so we can plan seating. This event is limited to 25 persons due to the room size.
When: Tuesday, Oct. 3, Noon to 1:00 p.m.
Where: Offices of Giffels Webster, 1025 East Maple Road, Birmingham