Membership in MSPE is an investment in your profession and career. Here are some of the benefits of membership in MSPE:
- Promote PEs with a positive image
- Networking opportunities
- Legislative and political advocacy
- Continuing education and events
- Monthly newsletter
- Job board listing current openings
- Professional recognition
- Opportunity for public service
- Leadership and acknowledgement opportunities
- Mentoring opprotunities
- Scholarship program
- Participation in MATHCOUNTS
- Participation in National Engineers Week
- Discounts on products and services
- Three levels of membership: NSPE, MSPE and local chapter
When you become a member, you are actually getting three memberships in one. You will be represented on the National, State and Local level.
National - NSPE keeps its members in touch with the latest in their field through respected publications and information resources, opportunities for mentoring and continuing education, and through a national conference and meetings, where members can meet and share ideas with colleagues.
State - By participating in MSPE on the state level, members can build leadership skills and earn professional recognition through volunteer opportunities. In addition, members can participate in statewide conferences and events as well as advocacy efforts at the state level.
Local - MSPE local chapters offer engineers the chance to network and gain professional referrals through contacts with colleagues in their communities. Local chapters also provide scholarships and participate in MATHCOUNTS.